Gamblers Anonymous - Long Island Intergroup
24/7 Hotline 855-2CALL-GA (855) 222-5542
Meeting Lists and Information
Frequently Asked Questions
"The 20 Questions"
About Gamblers Anonymous
The Recovery Program
The Unity Program
Definition of Gambling
Gamblers Anonymous Life-Line Bulletin
Here are the steps which are a program of recovery:
- We admitted we were powerless over gambling - that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to a normal way of thinking and living.
- Made a decision to turn out will and out lives over to the care of this Power of our own understanding.
- Made a searching and fearless moral and financial inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have these defects of character removed.
- Humbly asked God (of our understanding) to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contanct with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having made and effort to practice these principles in all our affairs, we tried to carry this message to other compulsive gamblers.